Nobody wants wrinkles. Well, at least no one that we know. Wrinkles are a sign of aging, and it’s no surprise that most people don’t want to show their age on their face for everyone else to see. So, while you can’t turn back time (sorry Cher), you can delay when you begin to get any creases and wrinkles on your face, as well as reduce the severity of those lines.
At Renew Medical Spa and Wellness, we offer dermal fillers and Botox to help you get rid of wrinkles, but we’re also going to give you some tips to help you prevent them in the first place. Here are five daily habits that you should cut down on because they can give you more wrinkles:
- Not wearing sunscreen – Experts are now saying to wear sunscreen just about every day if you plan on going outside. Any exposure to the sun without sunscreen can cause premature wrinkles whether it’s 90 degrees outside or 30 degrees.
- Eating lots of sugar – We’re sorry sugar-lovers, but indulging in sugary sweets can increase not only your waistline but also the amount of lines and wrinkles on your face. The lines are caused by the sugar molecules binding to tissues and creating new, harmful molecules in the bloodstream, causing damage to your face.
- Smoking – This one may be obvious, but yes, smoking does cause more wrinkles. This is just one item on the long list of reasons why you NEED to quit smoking as soon as possible.
- Chewing gum – This one is a bit more surprising, but when you think about it, it makes sense. When you’re constantly chewing gum, it forces your mouth to continually form different shapes, which leads to wrinkles. If you want something to freshen your breath, try mints, mouthwash, and breath strips.
- Sleeping on your stomach – Another surprising habit, but it’s true that sleeping on your stomach may cause permanent wrinkles and lines on your face. The reason for this is the consistent pushing on your face throughout the night.
To learn more about preventing wrinkles or our Botox and dermal filler treatments, contact our Renew Medical Spa and Wellness team at 1-844-736-3932.